Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Gone? Or just lost...

Today being the day, according to what I've been able to glean from the forums, in which we weigh in, I dutifully heaved myself out of bed, waddled out to the hall table (under which my scales live - no room in the place we call 'bathroom') and gingerly stepped onto the scales.

I wasn't expecting anything to celebrate, as the only step I've taken so far in the 12WBT journey, is to actually sign up.  Oh and I did the first preseason task in which you were introduced to Voice...

So imagine my surprise, when the numbers stopped fluctuating (Biggest Loser style) and settled on a digit EXACTLY 3kg less than sign up day!  3kg!!

WTF!!!

What happened???

Where did it go???

Is it gone for good?

Or is it just lost - which of course implies that we will find each other again.  Which in turn, of course, will involve lengthy reunion celebrations...

I'm pretty sure it didn't take a GPS


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh.... I bet you've been eating healthier since signing up? Sometimes it's not being on a "diet" that moves the weight, just making some small changes to live healthier... and that's what this program is all about! Congrats on the 3KG's that's FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PP!

    I think I have probably been more conscious of portion size than anything else. That is my downfall, I've convinced myself that a 'normal' sized portion isn't normal at all, and in fact, wouldn't feed a sparrow!

    Whatever it was - it's working!

    Yay me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!
    Thats great news.
    I'm sure you've been more mindful about your eating with all the warming up and preseason tasks.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bek!
    I entered the weeks worth of meal data into the MFP app, and it turns out that I haven't been eating enough all week. Which is weird because I haven't been at all hungry!

    ReplyDelete