Sunday, February 17, 2013

Excuses abound...



I'm so tired...
I miss my Hunny...
The dogs are driving me crazy...
He won't be home for my birthday...
I spent Valentine's Day alone...
The chocolate is calling me...
I'm gonna throw my phone out the window...
DD won't tell me if she's gonna be home for tea...
I haven't got the right food...
What's the point of cooking for one...

Blah-de-blah-de-blah...




I've just realised what  an absolute pain in the bum  I have been to spend any time with at all  this week.

Thank God  for steadfast and long suffering BFF's.

All I have done, all week, is whinge and whine to anyone who'll listen, about how hard done by I am, just because BM has gone to look after his Mum & Dad, like any loving and dutiful son would.  He left on Monday last week and may  be home this Wednesday.  After Valentines Day, and after my Birthday.

His Dad having spent a month in ICU at RNS Hospital in Sydney last year on death's doorstep who has just had a major surgery, is in a hospital 3 hours drive from his home, which means visitors only every other day because of the distance, no family around, and here am, moaning and bitching because I haven't got someone to cuddle!

Well, Boo Hoo.  Poor me.

This week, I have used just about every excuse in my arsenal not to do the exercise plan, or really stick to the nutrition plan.

Oh I had one of the breakfasts, 3 days running, which is actually pretty good for me, as I'm not a habitual brekky eater.  Well, they were brunch actually, as I'm a late sleeper.  I sleep late because I go to bed late... or early, depending on your point of view.

I had one of the dinners, yummo, and bought the ingredients for another, but didn't cook it, and that's as far as it has gone.  I've just been absolutely flat out like a lizard drinkin' - feeling sorry for myself!  It's quite time consuming you know...

And I exercised... on Monday...

I do excel at making excuses, I freely admit that, and it's a habit that I am determined to change.  But I do not  excel at Personal Pity Parties hereafter to be known as PPP's.  I hate them.  They are in no way  helpful or constructive, and if,  on the very odd occasion  I do  indulge in one, it is never more than and hour or two.  7 days is unheard of!

On the bright side - yes there is actually a bright side to this - when I bought the ingredients for the dinner I didn't cook, I also bought 3 bags of Coconut M&M's and 2 bags of Chico's for the Lolly Bar at my upcoming wedding.

Why is that a bright side?



Don't I have a weakness for chocolate?
For sugar?
For emotional eating???

Yes, yes, and very definitely YES!!!



It's a bright side because, throughout this entire  week of my PPP, those lollies have sat on my kitchen bench in plain sight, calling to me every single day, every single time I walk past them, and I have not once given in to temptation!

Oh don't get me wrong, the temptation was there, it's still  there, but it's getting easier and easier to resist.


A dear friend, once told me that temptation is a blessing, and it should be welcomed, because it gives us the opportunity to say no.  The opportunity to become strong, and to grow our resolve.  If we are never tested, how do we know that we can withstand?



So, when I walk past the lollies, I look at them, I imagine the taste  of them, the smell  of them... and I actively go looking for something else.  Fresh fruit mainly - it satisfies the sugar craving, without the guilt trip that would have followed the lollies. Sometimes I would simply walk away, because I wasn't actually hungry - just bored.



I've been to McCafe a few times for coffee with BFF, and when I'm there I've begun having a macaron with my cappuccino.  It's 100 calories, so is under the value set for snacks, even though it is neither nutritious, nor filling.  It's not ideal I know, but it's better than an entire bag of M&M's or Chico's, because like chips and peanuts - I can't stop at just one.

So while most  of my food choices for the week have been good, some were from the recipe index, and some weren't, and even with  the macaron's  & cappuccinos I've managed to stay around the 1200 calories a day.  Which for me is monumental!  I would have, in the past, averaged about 3 times that, if not more.

A new week begins tomorrow, full  of new opportunities, and new challenges.


The question is...
What will I do with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment