Monday, February 18, 2013

Fading away to a shadow...

BFF and I decided to go out for tea tonight as both our hubby's were ether working (hers) or away (mine), and there is a celebration tomorrow (my birthday).  Tonight is our 'treat meal'.


So we took ourselves off to Silvio's at the local RSC, full of trepidation over what we could order from the menu that wouldn't put us too far off course.  We should have had 'L' plates on I think.

The menu, being an Italian restaurant, was full of pasta, pizza, and cream sauces, but was equally full of tomato based sauces, lots of salads and fish choices!

Score!

I had saved up some calories from snacks & lunch, so that I could use them at the restaurant.

I decided to have the Crispy Skin Atlantic Salmon with Peperonata.

It.  Was.  Delicious.

Assuming the quite largish piece of salmon that was on my plate was 300g  I've probably over estimated - I was never good at that sort of thing. it came in at about 825 calories, including the peperonata.  I thought that wasn't too bad.  Not ideal, but not too bad, considering I'm new at this whole calorie counting thing...  But I knew that fish is good, and tomato based sauce is good, so I thought I was on a winner.




Then I went and screwed it up with a piece of Tiramisu which didn't last long enough to photograph... for dessert, and a gorgeous little pot of black tea.




My total calories for the day came in at 1857!  Which would be great if I was a bloke...  on the other hand, considering that my 'usual' diet would probably come in at around 3 times that... #winning.

I have a long way to go, and lots to learn, but I'm in this for the long haul, so I have time.

Oh yeah!

Why am I fading away to a shadow??

Well when I jumped in the car to leave, I noticed that I had to reach a little further to touch the steering wheel and pedals.  Now given that BM and I have the drivers seat on the same settings, even though he's a foot taller than me, being super fat has more drawbacks than many people realise, and he's been away for a week, I was at a loss as to what had happened, until I looked down and saw this...


A massive gap between my belly and the steering wheel!

OMG!

I cannot remember  when I last had a gap between my belly and the steering wheel...

I have tons of clothes that have been ruined  because my belly rubbed on the steering wheel to such an extent, that there are big black marks on the front of everything!

I would drive with my top tucked under my boobs such a lovely sight so that it wouldn't be ruined, then once I got out of the car it would hide the mark left on my pants.

HA!  Not any more!

So, even though I have been a miserable cow all week, and I blew out my calorie allowance for the day, and temptation got the better of me...   I HAVE A GAP!!!

BEST.  BIRTHDAY.  EVER.


4 comments:

  1. That is quite a GAP! Go you! And happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this: "I have a long way to go, and lots to learn, but I'm in this for the long haul, so I have time." Great perspective, Annie - and your 'gap' is proof that you're already rockin' it. Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, I'm riding such a high at the moment over the gap, I'm so stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed best birthday. You are living! Woah, great gap. Funny the things that thrill us. I remember sitting at the traffic lights once and my hand encircled my wrist and my fingers touched. It was such a moment I wanted to wave my hand out the window to show the other drivers! Ha. Enjoy the moment cause that gap is only going to get bigger!

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete