Friday, February 15, 2013

One is the loneliest number...

I don't normally get lonely, but BM is off gallivanting around the countryside (he has an excellent reason), and DD is always out - as young people almost always are, and it is  after all, Valentines Day.



Normally by about 10am I would be the proud owner of a huge  box of choccies, a stuffed toy of some description, and a big bunch of flowers with a soppy card.  Sometimes  there's even a Pandora charm!


Yes I know.  I'm spoilt.  I'll admit it.  I am, and I LOVE IT!!

But not today.

On Monday BM had to go north (a 5 hour drive) to be with his Mum, while his Dad had major surgery.  (Dad's doing okay, out of ICU and into a ward, but probably won't be home until next week). I decided to stay home so I could come to grips with 12WBT instead of being behind before I'd even started.  BM, big sweetie that he is, had no issues with me staying behind.

We're rarely apart, except when he goes to work, and when I dash off to very  important meetings with BFF that just happen to be held in McCafe... virtually daily...  so we are missing each other terribly, and talk on the phone every day.

Today he rang TWICE - count it - TWICE, and informed me that while he did  get me a Valentine's gift, I would have to wait for it, and he will bring it with him when he comes home, because he wasn't allowed to buy me any chocolates!

So I've been sitting here nearly all day trying to figure out why no choccies means that I have to wait for the gift.  Eventually I got there... he would have just called a florist and had the choccies delivered with some flowers... duh!

So on what could have been a seriously bad food day, how did I go?

Well, I don't think I did too bad.

Did I stick faithfully to the plan?  No.

Did I go off the rails?  No.

I've eaten fresh fruit and veges all day, and had a lovely small piece of scotch fillet with a garden salad for tea.  I definitely haven't had enough water, and I didn't workout.  Have you noticed that simply wearing your workout clothes makes you walk differently?  Taller somehow, and with more confidence.  But not a single piece of chocolate has passed these lips!


So because I'm feeling a bit lonely, I have decided to buy myself  a present!


This is me*, with my new Boyfriend Pillow.
Now, whenever BM dashes off and leaves to my own devices, I don't have to sleep alone**.


*Okay, it's not really me... I used a body double***

** I never sleep alone, the dog is always there for company.  Somewhat smelly company, but company nonetheless.

***Okay, it's not a body double, it's a picture I found on Google.

NB:  I did buy myself a pressie - a DVD I've been wanting for a while, not  in actual fact, a Boyfriend Pillow!


2 comments:

  1. You make me get the giggles Annie, I have a feeling you write exactly like you talk. What a great man you have there. Nothing wrong with having a four legged friend either, our Jack Russell waits until he "thinks" we're asleep and then jumps up and sleeps on the end of the bed. He thinks he's tricking us.

    You did well Annie on a red flag day for sure, and I agree with you about wearing your workout gear and walking differently.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about the workout gear! =)

    ReplyDelete