All the super important stuff is ready to go, booked, ordered etc and here's where I'm at with the rest of it:
- Planter Boxes for wheatgrass rec'd - Check
- Wheat for planting in planters previously purchased but not yet planted has now been purchased - Check
- Lollies for lolly table ordered - Check
- Find awesomely gorgeous picture frame for awesomely gorgeous pictures - Check
- Wishing Well... hmm it's really a Wishing Tower of Tastefully Decorated Boxes, but that doesn't have quite the same ring to it, so Wishing Well it is... - Check
|Invitation Suite designed by an amazingly talented woman (me),|
hand made by an astoundingly creative woman (also me),
and sent off by a woman who hates the post office with a passion (definitely me).
... and go wrong it has.
I tried to order something that I thought was going to be the simplest part of the whole shabang. A vest each for BM & his brother, who will be his Best Man. That's all, a vest. Not a suit, not a top hat and tails, just a simple, lousy, bloody vest. I can't hire or buy them for two reasons. First, they are both large men in both height and girth, so they don't fit standard sizes, and second, nobody, and I mean nobody stocks the colour I'm after. What colour? Chocolate brown. Not orange, or pink, or purple, or blue with chartreuse stripes, just ordinary, plain old, brown...
|Simple brown vest...|
- Order 2 vests for Groom & Best man - Check, oh no wait! That fabric is sold out - UN-check. Choose another fabric - Check (again), oops no that one is unavailable (as is the next one you'll pick), it's no longer in production... UN-CHECK another two times.
Why then do you still have the samples in your shop you great knob!?
- Send tailor to hell - Check
- Rejoice - Check
- Find new tailor - Check
- Order 2 vests #take2 - Check - sorry, can't, no fabric. Un-check. WTF?
What is with these bloody tailors and not having fabric available?
Tell me again why you call yourself a tailor if you have no fricking fabric??
How hard is it to update your *&^(*^%$^& swatches???
|Chocolate Brown Irish Linen|
- Order and pay for fabric for 2 vests - from England - Check.
- Wait a week, and follow up on order of fabric from England - Check - oops, we can't find an order in that name... what are you talking about? Un-check again... FML...
- As a favour, pay a several hundred dollar accommodation bill for future MIL who lives in an even more rural community than I do and who doesn't understand the internet let alone have a connection - Check
- Receive promised repayment for above - No no no, of course not, don't be silly, she forgot, she thought someone else paid it, future SIL has access to the bank account, she is going to do it says MIL, but SIL "can't" do it - no access to internet... on her smartphone... from the middle of a major city... with countless internet cafe's and free hotspot's... How.Hard.Is.It?!?
None of this was going down very well, particularly as I'm an emotional eater who had run out of Happy Pills when all this was happening
If there had been a Cadbury Joyville Van in the vicinity I would have hijacked it, and popped all the balloons - just sayin'...
I was busily relating all of this to BFF via text I don't know how she translated it though, I'm sure it was in pure Gobbledy-Gook, but next thing I know, I'm getting a message that contained the magic word...
Hooray! My sanity is saved! And on what could have been an EPIC emotional eating nightmare day, my food choices look like this:
- Breakfast - Shake 200cal
- Lunch - Ham, cheese & tomato wrap ???cal
- Dinner - Seared Chicken Classic Salad (Macca's) & a Tall Cappuccino approx 360cal
- Snack - 1 Tall Cappuccino & 2 Macaron's. 380cal