Thursday, August 08, 2013

What I should have done in Round 2...

I should  have done the pre-season tasks in Round 2, but I didn't...


I thought I didn't need to.

I thought 'I've only just done them 3 months earlier in Round 1 I don't need to do them again so soon... wrong!

So now that I'm at the beginning of Round 3, here are my pre-season tasks to date.


Task 1
My Excuses and Their Solutions

Internal Excuses
You know you want it...
You deserve it...
No one will ever know...
One won't matter...
You'll never be able to do that...
You won't make it...
Solutions
Ignore it all and stay strong.

External Excuses Within My Control
Too hot
Too cold
Too wet
Too busy
My feet hurt
My knees hurt
I'll get sweaty
It's too far
It's too hard
Solutions
JFDI
Work out at home
Take a shower and wash the sweat off
Break up a long walk into smaller sections
Build up to it

External Excuses Outside My Control
Illness - GENUINE illness
Broken bones
Solutions
Do what I can while recovering

Task 2
My goals for the next 12 months


Overall goal
Lose 15-30kg

1 Month Goals
Lose 3kg
Walk twice a week
Enter the 2013 Hunter Memory Walk & Jog
How I Will Get There
Focus more on nutrition
Timetable the walks into each week - Actually DO IT!!

3 Month Goals
Lose 10kg by the end of Round 3.
Be able to walk 10km non stop.
Do the Park Run
How I Will Get There
Follow the nutrition plan.
Continue training.
Increase distance by 15% every 2 weeks.





6 Month Goals
Lose 15 to 20kg.
Do a Color Run
How I Will Get There
Continue to train.
Correct nutrition - watch portion size.
Walk a minimum of twice a week 8-10km.

12 Month Goals
Be 30kg down on start weight from Round 3 (this will mean a total 12WBT loss of 47kg)
Continue to inspire, amaze and be generally awesome.
How I Will Get There
It'll all be 2nd nature by then so I'll be...
Just F*****g Doing It!


Task 3
Gear Up!


Check...





Task 4
Say It Out Loud


My commitment is to continue on my 12WBT journey until I reach a healthy weight, and have acquired the tools and knowledge needed to maintain it.  I commit to continuing to work on achieving my goals, and to not making excuses.  I commit to working on my fitness by continuing to have personal training each week, and by walking a minimum of 5km at least twice a week.  I am committed to do the work to get me there.





Task 5
Kitchen Makeover

This was the tough one for me in Round 1, and didn't really get done.  It didn't get done in Round 2 either!  So this time is going to be different.  BM is working tomorrow so I'll have plenty of time to get the pantry cleaned out.  I don't think it'll be too bad, even though I didn't do it last time around, we have slowly stopped buying all the crap that'll do the damage.  I guess I'll see tomorrow.




As for the rest, well, I can only do so much in one day
and right now my brain is turning to mush...





3 comments:

  1. Ah Annie, how's that pantry going? Did it get a good clean-out Friday? I've got to re-take my before photo as mum took a fuzzy one for me... almost done all my pre-season tasks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ashamed to say I didn't do it on Friday, but I DID do it on Sunday! It got a good clean out, scrub and re-organisation, it looks lovely now. Thanks for keeping me honest P.Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie, I think the pre-season goal setting is key, the commitment to yourself is golden. Great job.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete