Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Failing to plan, is planning to fail...

Failure is NOT an option!

I refuse - REFUSE to fail at this again!

With that in mind, I'm going back to basics and doing this round - February 2014 - properly!

No I'm not going to say that I'm going to do them all properly going forward, because I'll be focusing on one round at a time.  I will not be putting the cart before the horse.

STOP!

You know what?  I had this blog post all mapped out...

I was gonna lay out my commitment, my goals for the coming round and beyond, tell you all about my plans.  I will do it, just not right now...

I was gonna lay it all out for you how I was going to succeed this time.

How I wasn't going to fail again.

I went looking for some inspirational quotes about failure ironic isn't it?  and there are hundreds - if not thousands of the blasted things, and many of them struck a chord.

There was 'it's only failure, if you stop trying' and 'I have 99 options and failing ain't one' or what about 'failure defeats losers, but it inspires winners'?

Even though some of them, not necessarily those ^^^ struck a chord, what they did  do was depress me.

Then I got defensive.  I sat here looking at the screen talking to myself, and it was a revelation.


Because I did  get back up when I fell, I did  keep the weight off that I had lost, I did  consistently build muscle, I did  battle with Voice and win, I did  make good food choices, I did  step out of my comfort zone, many times... I did all these things for a whole year... I did...

I didn't fail at all.

I succeeded, and I did it in style.

I was getting down on myself because others had achieved more than me, they had bigger numbers, they have done it less time than me blah blah blah whinge whinge poor me.



Then I realised - who the hell cares??  It's not a damn race!

I mean I care, they've done great work, they've busted a foof-foo valve to get those numbers and they more than deserve whatever greatness comes their way, but should I care that their numbers are bigger than mine?

No, I shouldn't, and now I realise that I don't.

Because I've finally figured out that my numbers are pretty fecking amazing all on their own.

In 2013 thanks to 12WBT & Madam Lash, I have lost 23.1kg and taken 79cm off my body.

I have lost kilo's and centimetre's in every single round.




So, no.  Failure really isn't an option after all.

It never was.


1 comment:

  1. You have done a brilliant job! They are big numbers and you should be so proud of yourself. Numbers aren't always everything. It's how you feel inside also, and I hope you are feeling great and ready to go for this round :-) Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete