Sunday, January 19, 2014

Shit's getting serious...

A couple of weeks ago I signed up for 12WBT Round 1 2014 making it my FIFTH round!


Now, by this time, you may have expected me to have it all down pat, to be living 12WBT as if it was as natural as breathing, and to be totally honest, I kind of thought I would too.  But I'm not, and it isn't.

Cue heavy sigh...

I had the best success with Round 1 2013, I think because it was so new, and I really wanted to succeed.  I lost 10kg in that round, but each successive round, has seen me lose less and less, and the end of this round will probably see me end it at the same weight I began it.  The round - not 12WBT in general!


I think I thought that as I had done it before, I knew how it went.  I got complacent, and the lack of results speak for themselves.

At the start of the 2nd round, I didn't bother with pre-season big mistake  and after a while I stopped watching the mindset videos because I thought they were just repeating themselves.

Another big mistake.

Round 3 and I sort of  did the pre-season tasks, I didn't bother with the commitment and the goals.  I didn't think they were important as they had remained the same.  Still no mindset videos.

Shakes head.

By the time I got to this round, I knew I had to really knuckle down and do the pre-season tasks properly, which I did.  I did the commitment, I did the goal setting, I cleaned out my pantry, I even rechecked my excuses... but I didn't watch the bloody videos!

Rolls eyes.

Another thing that every round has had in common is that I didn't really  stick to the food plan.

And when I say "didn't really" I actually mean "not at all".

Cue facepalm...

The best I've done there is make a few of the recipes a couple of times, more in this round than any other, and focus on making better choices and cutting back on portion sizes.

Not long before the start of Round 4 2013 I awoke with a new sense of drive and purpose, and I resolved to make that round the best one yet.  I was going to SMASH IT!  God I hate that phrase...  But as you know, life intervened and Round 4 pretty much went to hell in a handbasket.  Even so, I think I made more of an effort with the food side of things, than I had in each of the previous rounds.  That sense of drive and purpose never went away, if anything, it got stronger.  I just had to make it through the crap and I'd be right.

So here I am getting ready to kick off my second year of this epic weightloss & fitness journey. 

To that end I have made a few purchases...


The first was actually a gift from BM for Christmas - a Fitbit One.  This cute little gadget will track my steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned, stairs climbed, water consumed, sleep had, and if I wish it to, food eaten.  I have a few friends with them, and I love seeing their regular FB photo's of Fitbit Induced Awesomeness.  One in particular who has challenged herself to do 10B410 - that's 10,000 steps before 10am every single day is the biggest encouragement of all.  She even lets herself be challenged by my  OCD to round out her steps to even hundreds or thousands, and a couple of nights ago when she was 70 calories short of 3,000 burned for the day, she very kindly brought it up to 3,110 just for me!



The second is a set of Michelle Bridges One Active 12kg Neoprene Dumbells.  I've spoke to Madam Lash about what would be good to have at home, and even though the weights I use in a session with her are much heavier, she said that the heaviest I would need at home would be 3kg because I can incorporate them into other exercises, and the lighter they are the faster I can go.  More reps = higher heart rate.  I can replicate some of the things I do at training, and there is a 30 minute DVD included in the box, so I'm all set there.





My third purchase is a door gym.  Madam Lash has one and I love love love it.  What's a door gym??  It's a thing that slips over your door, and has what are basically bungee cords of differing strengths? weights? thickness? with handles attached to them, and you just grab the handles and pull.  You can target almost any muscle you want to, and you can get the most amazing stretch from it.  When it gets too easy, you progress through the different cords, and then you put two or even three cords together to make it harder. It has up to 90kg resistance and as many exercises as you can think of.  What I like about it is that it's a controlled movement in both directions, you can't just relax or you'll end up with a smack in the face or worse.



I already have a One Active fitball that sits in the corner of our family room and gets used as an office chair by my Dad when he and Mum visit.  Once a year.  My bad.  So that'll be put to the use it's meant for.  It also came with a 'how to' DVD - MB is good like that.

Shit's about to get serious!




2 comments:

  1. Good luck this coming round Annie! I've probably learnt that I'll have to just JFDI this next round - day in, day out. No excuses. Time to suck it up and get on with it I say! Lets smash some kilos together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, complacency sucks. I have gotten complacent as because I went away on hols I decided to try and go the last round on my own. It was great, I came back weighing less on my hols, but since then Christmas and complacency has slapped me in the face. When you gain some kgs back it's hard to go over the same old ground again. But I will do it. We'll keep tabs on each other, all us bloggers. Okay?

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete