Sunday, August 03, 2014

#100HappyDays - Day 51 - 57

Okay, so I was about to delete this post - I had drafts already done up for each week - when I noticed that I had done most of the work on it already...

Plus there are some really great moments that happened during this week.

This really will  be the last 100 Happy Days post.  Scouts honour...


Day 51:

When you clean out your wardrobe and let go of 3 garbage bags of clothes that no longer fit because they're all TOO BIG!!

Usually I dread cleaning out my drawers and wardrobe, but as I had just been blessed with new drawer runners, and the visitors that had been staying in my junk - err guest room - had gone home, I decided to bite the bullet.

So. Glad. I. Did.

I knew there was stuff that was too big, but I didn't realise that there was so much of it!  There's not really much left in the wardrobe now.

Okay, that's a bit of a fib.  There is still buckets of stuff hanging up, but it all fits.

Okay, that's not exactly the truth either... not all of it fits.  Some is too small by one or two sizes - something to look forward to, and some is too big...

 I know, I know, but if I chuck it all out then all I'll have left is pyjamas... which are also too big.


Day 52:
Having become hooked on Game of Thrones last year, and having binge watched every single episode in less than a week, and having begun watching the new season only to find that there would be a TWO WEEK BREAK for no good reason, well yes, you could say that I was happy.









Day 53:
I don't always get the results that I want from 12WBT, but that's what happens if you don't make the effort required.

You get out of it what you put into it, no more and no less.

But sometimes, the sheer size of the task ahead of me is so overwhelming I just want to give up, but I don't,  I just keep plodding along, knowing that progress is progress, no matter how small or in what form it comes.










Day 54:
My fur-babies drive me absolutely nuts!  I love them to bits, but they're maddening, and on the worst days I tell anyone who'll listen that I never want another one when these have left us for the Rainbow Bridge.

Then I see something like this, and all I want to do is adopt a puppy...




Day 55:
Last week I began putting my Milestone Album together - the place where I'll keep all my race bibs etc from my fun runs and mountain climbs.

This week I drew the title page as it looked a little bare.

I'm happy with how it turned out, the mountains are a little wonky... but then so am I.





Day 56:
There are Hydrangeas everywhere I look at the moment.  They're in the shops, on FB, and in every magazine I pick up.

They always remind me of my Nana & Poppy.  They grew in massive clumps beneath the front stairs of Nana & Poppy's house, and were all the colours of the hydrangea rainbow.

My big brother and I would pretend that we lived under the stairs, and would play in amongst them for hours.  When we weren't doing that, we would build huge cities in the dirt under their house and play there with our Matchbox cars, Barbie's and GI Joe's.







Day 57:
I don't know what made me think of it, but the whole family always gets a good laugh out of this story.

My brother loved sardines.  Loved  them!  And Nana always had several tins on hand in the cupboard.  At some point Paul took to pinching the tins of sardines from the cupboard and eating them in secret.

Nana thought she was losing the plot, she was sure that she'd bought sardines, but whenever she went to get them, they weren't there.  Paul would just sit and laugh at her confusion.

Eventually she twigged that he had been pinching them, so she began hiding them.  At first it was just hiding them behind other packets and tins, but Paul would always find them.  In the end she hid them in the drawer where she kept the placemats, thinking they'd be safe there.  After all what 10 year old boy would open a drawer containing placemats without having been told?

Well Paul would.  Nana was downstairs doing something that Nana's do, and he snuck upstairs determined to find the sardines.  He found them, and left Nana a little surprise.  When she went to the drawer for her sardines, she found a note waiting for her which read:  'Nana's efforts are all in vain, the Phantom Sardine Snitcher has struck again!'


2 comments:

  1. Terrific first page. And good on you for the clothes. I think that's part of the mindset. You've now cleared yourself of that safety net and you're on that high wire my friend. Just keep moving forward.!! As for the blue hydrangeas, so jealous!! I can only grow pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing so well! I am just about ready for another "dump" myself... too many clothes in the closet again. I found getting some from friends / op shops helps pad out the basics wardrobe again too. Lots of love. Penny

    ReplyDelete