Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Crunching the numbers...


This is the fourth week of 12WBT pre-season and today's task is called Munch Crunch.


The pre-season tasks and challenges have evolved over the few years I've been doing 12WBT, new ones have appeared, others have been dropped...

It was inevitable that as the program continued to grow, things would have to change somewhere, and I suppose the pre-season tasks and challenges was a great place to begin.

I'd never done this particular task before, because I've done 8 rounds of 12WBT previously, and naturally I know everything there is to know about it.  Just ask me.  I'll tell you.  It's been in the task list for some time now, I've just never done it.  I thought that the most important ones to do were the one with the excuses, and the goal setting.

WRONG!  They're all important - just in different ways.

Also, most of the rounds overlap, with a pre-season of the next round you can do beginning in the last weeks of your current round.  I never felt able to manage what is essentially 2 rounds at once, even just for a few weeks, so I tended to go straight from the last week of a round, directly into the next one, without tackling pre-season to any great degree.

Anyway, I had decided that the Munch Crunch task was all about swapping out your bad (pre-packaged) snacks - even the ones that say they're 'all natural' for the healthy, fresh options.

Surprise!




It's actually NOT about swapping this...













For this...








It's actually about writing down how much you spend on groceries each week, and how much you spend on take away food, including the not so odd coffee.

Oh. My. Actual. God.

I had never bothered to add it all up before, and I'm sure that I was conservative in my estimate, because no one ever wants to actually admit how much we really do spend on crap, but we're spending MORE on takeaway rubbish than we are on groceries.  And most of that is lunches and coffees!  Oh dear!

Not every week, but often enough.

Actually, that should read too often!

Holy crapola...


No comments:

Post a Comment